1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Amazing. :rolleyes: I feel so left out. DW brings up a good question, especially considering that most of the people hammering you on this thread are the main ones I've clashed with over the years. One thing we can all agree on ...

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

C'mon. No one uses the phone anymore to call someone up.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are Dems lying, or do they not know the truth?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

As a guy, I have never been much of telephone person, but two or three times a year I'll make a round of calls to my brothers, a few close friends, my widower stepfather, couple others. I usually do it in the same couple day span. Last weekend was one of those times.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe the members of the party of the Old Angry White Males around here can explain this to me:

We can't stop suspected terrorists from legally buying automatic weapons, because by doing so it means the terrorists win?

Amirite?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It means that they were deprived of due process rights as American citizens.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

We can't stop suspected terrorists from buying guns because they are suspected and haven't been convicted of anything.

Unless you are fine with the government deciding who can buy guns.

Take guns out of the equation. What right would you limit based on the FBI's belief you might in the future commit a crime?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's why we should not let anyone buy a handgun or rifle that holds more than six rounds.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you're under FBI investigation for mishandling classified documents, should you lose your security clearance and be denied national security briefings?

old_tony and TigerVols like this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep. The more I've read, the more I'm convinced laws that prohibit high-capacity magazines , as well as technology that makes it more difficult/time consuming to reload, make sense in terms of reducing carnage in mass shootings.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Denied? Or delayed? Where in the Constitution does it say you have the right to buy an automatic weapon as quickly and easily as you can a bottle of Coca-Cola?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Semi-automatic.

Draft saved Draft deleted