1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think you have to take into account the "missed opportunity" aspect of this. Terrorism was seen as a strength of his, perhaps his biggest strength, as compared to Hillary. Omar gift-wrapped him a golden opportunity, and the polls aren't yet consistently showing evidence of an "Orlando Bounce," as one would anticipate.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Maybe because he's a narcissist and his first instinct was to say "See, I was right"? Forget about the dead and their families. It's all about ME.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I would looove to hear the proponents of the "more they get to know Hillary" crowd explain how Trump is going to fare once he really has to outline his "ideas"

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, there's certainly a missed opportunity in play here.

Between the "Mexican" judge, and what not, Trump was busy with topics that hurt him, when he should have been on offense.

Trump should have been making gains in the last seven weeks, and he hasn't.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Any of those three would be in a dead heat with her at worst. You may beat the "Hillary is unpopular" meme to death, but you aren't wrong on that point. Trump's just that much worse.

Lugnuts likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There wasn't a candidate in the GOP primaries who stood a chance of beating HRC. Not one. She will win in a landslide.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Easy, there, sparky.
    All I'm saying (in that post, at least) is that it's hard to listen to her talk. The actual way she talks. She does not give a good speech, and it gets in the way of what she's trying to say.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And I would looove to hear how it is you totally whiffed on the sarcasm of "the more they get to know her" crowd ...

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The sarcasm is a new phenomenon but YF and others have been harping on it for months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.