1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'd bet my next three mortgage payments she has internal polling that is much more favorable at the moment.

So many people breathlessly post the latest polling without any context. How was the poll done? What percentage of registered voters, likely voters, or "supporters" (not voters) were used? What demographics were sampled? None of it means shit without the context.

It's like the polling that showed Romney was going to win 300 electoral votes. (Unskewed Polls!) But it sampled people and assumed the electorate would be as white as it was in 2008.

Um, Nope.

You correctly predict turnout (and currently Trump is running an organization that is about as well managed as a Blockbuster video) and I'll tell you who wins. If Trump can't get people to polls on Election Day with more than his Twitter account (and right now that seems to be his plan) he's going to get slaughtered and maybe bring down both the senate and house with him. If he can put together a real operation and get lots of white men to the polls, he has a legit shot. But right now, Trump appears to be in this for no reason beyond stroking his ego and personal portfolio. We are witnessing one of the greatest hustles in American history. He doesn't want to be president.

All the GOP would have to do to run him off is change the rules at the convention saying he had to release his tax returns. He'd quit and run just like YankeeFan's old boss Guliani did, slithering away like coward instead of getting a waxed by a woman.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Giuliani was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

3. Double Down

Yeah I'm sure if he thought he'd win, that would have deterred him.

He's a lizard person. I have zero respect for him.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

He had cancer. But ok.

And, I'm willing to criticize him, but I don't know what "lizard person" means.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rudy was scared shitless. He was a another spouse cheating moralist. He was a true national hero on 9/11. He was there when Georgie was shitti g his pants in a bunker but everything's no since then has been nothing but Roger Ailes talking points

6. Double Down

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can the RNC (since Trump appears to be ceding campaign organization) mount a great GOTV this close to the election? And does it even want to?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don Mafia Club Facebook page.

[​IMG]

dixiehack likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Dems in purple state avoiding being seen with Hillary:

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

HRC needs to play 4 corners for most of the campaign and just air ads of trump saying stupid stuff The less people see her the better she is

Lugnuts likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think Trump is likely to win, as well. Looking more and more like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.