1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They have no core.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Now who's projecting?

3. Dick Whitman

They are voting for diametrically opposed candidates. I get it. They hate Hillary. You think that's laudable. But they don't have any actual values. Just a general sense that they want to shake things up. Because that's what college kids do.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When/if Sanders chooses to really stump for Clinton, then we'll see.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Little Marco's private sector job search must not be going well.

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I know a few of adults who have been supporting Sanders who, I'm guessing, will vote for a third party candidate, if they vote at all. However, if they do, their votes are aren't being cast as an anti-Clinton statement. These are people who are way left of D. Like Sanders, they aren't Ds. The only thing that brought them under the umbrella of the Democratic party through the primaries is Sanders' decision to run as a D. That they are now saying they aren't going to vote for Clinton should be a surprise to no one.

7. Dick Whitman

How far left do you have to get to eliminate the social safety net? Because that's the guy they're voting for now.

This is pretty simple: Some of them just want to be gadflys. Others just don't want the shrewy pussycat to be president.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Some of the Bernie people are genuine lefties -- hippies. He's from Vermont, after all. And Gary Johnson's not the only third-party candidate. I'm sure Jill Stein has no intention of eliminating social security of Medicare.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Dick's favorite Bernie Bro is the free shit college anarchist, but my favorite Bernie Brah is the "I never paid attention to a single thing about politics or even voted until now, but this guy make sense and even though he's not a Democrat, the Democratic Party should be burnt to the ground to anoint him, or else it's proof there is a conspiracy, man."

They are generally a little older than college kids, and they are sometimes even naive celebrities, but they are still adorable in their obnoxiousness. They claim they'll vote for Gary Johnson even though they do not know anything about Gary Johnson's platform and on the end will just not vote at all, mostly because they forgot to register and can't even tell you where their polling place is.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Burning the party to the ground would be fine, if you weren't gonna burn the world down with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.