1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Look, he did it for America. And he has a smoke show of a wife. He's so rich, dude. He doesn't need to steal at all. 40 percent, easy. Make America less brown, again.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Eh, just get religion, and his problems will go away. Blessed are the bean eaters.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why stop there? If we're imagining crimes, shouldn't we imagine that he raped and murdered a 15-year-old girl?

He's never denied it.

Batman, RickStain and doctorquant like this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

37% in that scenario too.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No need to imagine.
    The candidate himself already told us he could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and not lose voters.

Really, YF ? Really with this guy ?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If he does not reimburse himself, which is yet to be seen, you can bet that he finds a way to use it as a tax advantage.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Do you regularly ignore opportunities to use the tax code to your benefit?

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

He'll end up in the black from this, mark my words.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The point is that at a minimum he is running party business through his companies, and no one believes that he's not doing so at a profit. IF the money he's put in is not reimbursed (and remember how he made such a big deal that he was going to run this entire campaign on his own money ["I'm very rich!"] and he could not be bought or influenced?) he's still going to find a way to make out on it.

As to my taxes, I don't make enough to have to worry about making my deductions dance and sing.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just too jaded, but Trump would hardly be the first person to run for (or be elected to) public office and somehow magically increase his net worth by millions while earning six figures from his "day job."

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He'd be the only one not to.

Batman likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're taking this the wrong way. I'm agreeing with you here. As you've pointed out, Hillary's position is precarious. People don't like her. I think that her poll numbers have a lower floor than Trump, who people like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.