1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Trump got rich from his daddy's orgasm.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It still irks people (especially men) that she parlayed $1K into $100K in the markets.

It's emasculating. She's smart. She'd have done well in the financial world if that's what she'd chosen.

She'd have done well as a professional gambler. It hurts, doesn't it ?

But she chose to be POTUS, and with a little help from the GOP, that's exactly what she's gonna be.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You should really read up on Red Bone, REFCO, and her cattle trades.

It had nothing to do with being smart.

Her broker was assigning trades to various accounts at the end of the day. He assigned her winning trades.

That's it. That's how she made her money.

cc: @The Big Ragu

old_tony likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

Lugnuts' post just shows that people either aren't familiar with the Clinton scandals or old, or don't remember the details.

Read up about how Whitewater worked.

If folks missed one payment, ownership of their property went back to the Whitewater Development Corp. it was a scam from the start.

old_tony likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what happens when American finally gets to know Hillary Clinton.

6. YankeeFan

You can joke all you want. I get that some people don't give a shit. But let's not whitewash the facts either. Let's not pretend she turned $1,000 into $100,000 because she was a natural at cattle trading.

7. Dick Whitman

I understand that. But the idea that Trump is going to get some kind of traction by recycling a bunch of arcane scandals from the 1990s is a fantasy.

8. Dick Whitman

Also: The GOP should definitely adopt real estate shenanigans as a distinguishing issue this campaign. That will work out well.

Big Circus, Lugnuts and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. YankeeFan

At this point, I don't think it's about any one scandal, it's about the totality of these kinds of things.

I mean, hell, the "Mitt Romney picked on a kid in high school" story wasn't about that one story. It is as about showing he's always been a rich, arrogant dick, who would like nothing better than to fire you.

It's a pattern of behavior. And for Hillary, it goes back decades.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Just you wait. That infamous video of Michelle Obama saying honkey? She was actually referring to the Clintons, and the Clintons had Webb Hubbell suppress it. It will surface any day now.

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

I just want Lugnuts to familiarize herself with her candidate.

She can't believe anyone would vote for Trump, meanwhile she turns a commodities trading scam into a scrappy, smart girl story of achievement, which emasculates all of her detractors.

12. Dick Whitman

Seems like a winner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.