1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that, unfortunately.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That awkward moment when your grandfather's xenophobia torpedoes the global economy.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Check back next week. One day's move means nothing.

More likely, it's a buying opportunity.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. Double Down

We'll see. I think check back in two years is more accurate measuring stick, but I'm still interested in hearing how this will help England in any way.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You can't? Do you seriously believe that CNN is in the business of breaking and reporting actual news? Seems to me for more than a year now, they're raison d'etre is to parrot whatever Trump said on the stump or in a Tweet, then have two talking heads debate the merits of said comment.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No, I can't, from a business perspective. It is what it is. Would I prefer he not be hired? Yes. Do I understand CNN's thinking? Yes.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exercises in sentence structure: If he wants to stop in Albany, it's fine with me.

amraeder likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

I wonder if Trump knows, if he wins, his business days are done for the next four years?

9. Double Down

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sez who?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wow. Reading that, I'll be surprised if Great Britain isn't sealed off by an impenetrable force field and every person of color doesn't spontaneously combust while the country turns into an apocalyptic wasteland by the end of the weekend.

I do agree, though, on one thing. The breakup of a unifying body for a region that has spent the past five centuries fighting large scale wars rooted in tribalism and nationalism is something to be concerned about.

12. HanSenSE

His businesses will have to go into some sort of trust, no? I know there's been talk that he's interested in some presidential duties and others would be farmed out. But I can't see anyone comfortable with him taking off for a weekend to check out a site for a golf course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.