1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Boo fucking hoo.

Killick likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I have two questions:

First, are there any more social media quotes to add to that initial list? Surely there are more gems.

Second, anyone want to take up YF's query and start a similar list for HRC?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm really not offended by the Trump insults. Honestly. I even think they're funny.

I just don't think liberals would be chuckling along if Hillary were treated the same way.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Hold up. There's a lot of hate in our political discourse? What could possibly have given anyone that idea? Personally, YF, I found the list funny. Nothing more. And I'd simply roll my eyes, and possibly laugh, if one surfaced on HRC. As far as Aziz's statement goes, can't say I blame him. I haven't seen the full text yet, but I'm certain equally inflammatory columns on HRC out there.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

TINMHITTMAL

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What I found funny about it was that A. it was Twitter response to a typically witless and impulsive Trump tweet, and B. the essential Scots/Englishness of the resulting invective. It's different from typical American insults and cursing, and some of them were just plain funny as hell.

As to Hillary, if there's anything she hasn't been called, it's simply because no one has thought of calling her that yet.

7. YankeeFan

Give me a break.

Both Trump and Bernie have been asked to apologize for, and denounce, their supporters for saying anything mean about Hillary.

National media has been wetting itself over the mean things that have been said about them by Trump's "alt-right" supporters -- though they ignored, or were ignorant of, the same kinds of insults be hurled towards conservatives who didn't hop onboard the Trump Train.

But, you're telling me that folks would laugh, or simply roll their eyes, if people called Hillary a witless fucking cocksplat?

There's no shame in sharing this list, or Aziz's tweet on social media. If you called Hillary a cocksplat on Facebook, you'd get a ton of nasty comments, and be defriended.

Liberals are the least self aware people on the planet.

cyclingwriter2 and old_tony like this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"some people who disagree with me are hypocrites!!" remains a point that only small minds feel the need to make obsessively.

Double Down likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The difference is that Trump is a national embarrassment, so smart people won't even bat their eyes when he's treated as such.

10. YankeeFan

LOL. OK. That seems like a nice way of trying to avoid having your hypocrisy pointed out.

And, truthfully, liberals don't even see their own hypocrisy.

It doesn't offend me, I just think that if you want to act morally superior, you should be forced to look in the mirror when you act just like the people you claim to be morally superior to, and are doing the very things you find immoral about them.

old_tony likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Sounds like rationalization.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Right. But you need to explain why a conservative would hate a fellow conservative insulting HRC in a similar instance. Trump is enitirely insult worthy due to his bigoted, hate-filled, xenophobic rhetoric, so I, like many if not most liberals, am ok with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.