1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

OK, I'll bite.

1. Johnny Bench's first name is misspelled.
    2. George Foster's first name is misspelled.
    3. Cesar Geronimo's last name is misspelled.
    4. Pitcher is misspelled.
    5. Jack Billingham's last name is misspelled.
    6. Sparky Anderson was manager, not head coach.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Cubs are losing. If that holds up, Giants can pass them for most wins in MLB tonight.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. As far as I remember, he went by Dave Concepcion, not David.

That's like one of those games in the back of Highlights, where you have to spot the differences between the two pictures.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

White Sox hit seven homers and lost.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bad, bad loss for Texas last night. Top side of bullpen shit the bed with two out and two strikes in the ninth. Sign of overuse?

Could be a major inflection point in the year for them, much like the walkoff balk in LA and the Hamels trade were for them last year.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Giants are on a 31-9 roll, their best 40-game stretch since 1954.

Seems like they really haven't hit their stride on offense either. But they are 18-8 in one-run games, and I think 11-3 during the 40-game run.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dodgers 15 up, 15 down against Pirates' Jeff Locke.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Seems like the Giants have had a key player get hurt every other week and they're still winning. This team reminds me of 2010 when they just had that monster trio of pitchers and two guys on the back end who could win you games. I'm trying real hard to not get ahead of myself this year but there are just so many similarities to their WS runs. It will be real interesting to see where this team is when Pence et al get healthy.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

8. The Reds' last game at Crosley Field was 1970, not 1969.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

9. I'm having an issue with it being titled the Great 8 and then having 10 people listed. Unless the Great 8 is a reference to the batting order minus the pitcher.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good lord. Some dumbass ran onto the field during the Mariners-Cardinals game WHILE A BALL WAS IN PLAY. He ran between the Mariners' left and center fielders while a fly ball was heading toward them. Amazingly, Seth Smith caught the ball and it was a pretty routine play except for the moron in the outfield. Could've been ugly, though. Security should've worked him over in the tunnels.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/idiot-on-the-field-runs-out-in-middle-of-live-play-1782622077

Draft saved Draft deleted