1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was the annoying part of it. They were all clamoring for a moderate, and for Kasich, knowing full well there was no chance they'd ever vote for him in a general election. It was like they were saying, "Hey, nominate this guy so there's no difference between he and Hillary and she can win that much easier."

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Kasich was fairly moderate when he was in the House. There are even formulas that indicate that. Just because he's conservative doesn't mean he's an extremist.

Lugnuts likes this.
  3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Kasich walks to the beat of his own drum, which makes it hard to pin a label on him, but he is moderate.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You should be charging me rent for the amount of space I'm taking up in your brain.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You just used an oopism

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oops.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

For liberals and Democrats, the true hypothetical to consider is not if you'd vote for Romney or Kasich or whomever over Hillary.

It's if you'd vote for Cruz over Trump.

For me, it's a resounding YES.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but he is a fascist racist sexist asshole.

And while he may not meet the dictionary definition of "conservative,"
    he certainly identified that bloc as the voter group to which he wanted to tailor his pandering, and they responded with wild enthusiasm. So it's officially a marriage.

9. Starman

Coin flip. Cruz may not be as batshit idiotic on many day-to-day issues, but he is particularly bent on shoving his own personal version of Jeebus up the ass of America as well as the world, and since that version is a bizarro world Sharia Dominionist death cult that holds that he, Rafael Jr., is the Chosen One sent by Gawd to lead the true believers to the gates of Paradise through the final battles of Armageddon, THAT has to be stopped By Any Means Necessary as well.

So if somehow some palace coup is organized to defrock Cheeto Jeesus, if the fallback solution is Canadian Cuban Jeesus, that's not much of an improvement.

Cruz would probably be baseline competent enough not to get us all killed by blundering/blustering into a nuclear war in his first 60 days of office, as THE PIG almost certainly would, but it would be a near-certainty he'd do it before the end of his term in office, seeing as he believes it's his divine destiny and all.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  10. Starman

Kasich is a hard right conservative with a few minor humanistic variations in philosophy, but he is only "moderate" in comparison to the rest of the batshit crazy wingnuts who made up the clown car derby.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If I was forced at gunpoint to choose between Trump and Cruz, give me Trump all day long. Trump won't bring it on himself to start the Rapture. Cruz is Greg Stillson.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Again, I appreciate being told what I think. (Getting a bit repetitive). Personally, I would have preferred Kasich or Jeb because they aren't batshit crazy. Would I have voted for either? I would have strongly considered it over HRC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.