1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't share dq's beliefs, but he is sincere about them. Real conservatism is a needed counterbalance and still has good things to offer.
    If I had to place a label on Trump from American history, I'd say Natavist. And while natavists can come from the left or right, they are more attracted to right wing politics.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Trump on Muslim Ban: No People From 'Terror' Countries

"I don't want people coming in — I don't want people coming in from certain countries," Trump clarified to The Daily Mail while also telling several passing golfers to play through the 18th hole. "I don't want people coming in from the terror countries. You have terror countries! I don't want them, unless they're very, very strongly vetted."

When asked which countries constitute the "terror countries," Trump said: "They're pretty well-decided. All you have to do is look!"

Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks and National Finance Chairman Steven Mnuchin attempted to further clarify outside the course clubhouse, telling reporters after Trump's multiple-hole round of press gaggles that the presumptive Republican nominee's position hasn't changed since his foreign policy speech in New Hampshire two weeks earlier.

"It is about terrorism and not about religion. It is about Muslims from countries that support terrorism," Mnuchin said.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for further clarification on if the Muslim ban still applied to all Muslims or if instead it now focused on "terror countries" and the vetting process.

------------

In the words of Uncle Verne...
    My Gracious.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Given the chance, I would GLADLY vote for Donald Trump over Ted Cruz.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just keep them terror-looking people out.

Easy peasy Mooslimeezy.

5. Starman

A
    Example No. 36,965,843 of the right wing corporatist media power-fellating Cheeto Jeesus by using the word "clarified" when the phrase "doubled down on his complete bullshit lies" would be more accurate.

I suppose if you wanted to retain some sort of veneer of "coverage equivalence," you could say THE PIG "attempted to explain" his previous preposterous incongruities, which implies some possibility he might be correct, but to say he "clarifies" clearly implies he is dealing with truth, and it has already been proven as unassailable fact that the vast majority of every drop of apespittle THE PIG spews out of his sonic orifices is complete baboon shit.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  6. Lugnuts

I would much rather have someone smart with whom I disagree on everything, than an ignorant lunatic with a personality disorder.

TigerVols and Iron_chet like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Trump is public menace No. 1, Cruz would have been 1A. Between those two, I'd sooner vote for Dick Cheney.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  8. Starman

With Trump vs Cruz, you've got two ignorant lunatics.

A completely amoral greed-driven asshole grifter conman vs. a nutcase who thinks he's been anointed by God to steer the faithful through Armageddon.

9. Lugnuts

In an attempt to be empathetic, understand, and feel what the other side is going through-- having to choose between someone they hate and a demagogue-- I have set up Cruz vs Trump.

Search your souls, boys.

10. Starman

If it got to that point, I presume somebody would step forward to make America great again.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's the thing, Luggie. Cruz is smart enough to figure out how to get Jesus in the Constitution. Trump's just a fucking idiot who can't spell.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Cruz would be an extremely dangerous politician if everyone he worked with didn't hate his guts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.