1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sometimes dumb people are just dumb.

It's pretty pathetic nowadays that we insist everything is just "a difference of opinion."

The goal of our society used to be to educate the dumb people, not placate and validate their ignorance.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. cranberry

Good point. All opinions are NOT equal. Some are informed, others aren't. If nothing else, the Brexit vote demonstrates the inherent dangers of an ignorant electorate whipped into a frenzy.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Better to keep your uneducated voters placated and on the plantation, so business as usual can go on uninterrupted.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Pretty rich coming from Mr. "Democratic Processes" ...

6. YankeeFan

The media biggest concern regarding Brexit is what it means for Hillary Clinton.

7. cranberry

Why?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Elections are wonderful things so long as they lead to things of which I approve."

9. MisterCreosote

No one voting bloc has cornered the market on self interest.

10. cranberry

I still don't understand what you're trying to suggest. I think uninformed British voters in this case were overwhelming duped into voting against their personal interests in this case. I think it demonstrates a need for voters generally to better inform themselves.

11. MisterCreosote

Ignorance is never dangerous, and we should celebrate it so as to not hurt anyone's feelings.

12. YankeeFan

So, what's the downside?

Best I can tell is that Wales won't get as much welfare from Brussels as they were getting.

Draft saved Draft deleted