1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's funny, I never hear you say that when the voters vote for/against something or another that you think they should/should not.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What does Islam have to do with Brexit?

3. doctorquant

I'm ignorant as to just what corner it is you're working here ...

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sorry, I still don't understand what point it is that you're trying to make (without actually saying it)? Maybe just spit it out?

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't know where the talking point came from, but not all accusations of stupidity are rooted in petty political gamesmanship.

Some people and ideas ARE stupid, and we do everyone a disservice by pretending they're not or abdicating the responsibility to educate people.

6. YankeeFan

It's the whole, "there aren't two sides to every issue," thing.

Brexit was dumb. Voting for Brexit was dumb. Why pretend otherwise?

7. YankeeFan

Ah. MC beat me too it.

So, why do we pretend Islam is a beautiful, peaceful religion? Why do we infantalize Muslims by telling them how great are at math and science, and celebrate a kid who "invents" a clock?

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Well, get off the Internet and start doing your job.

9. doctorquant

Damn ... did you have an extra bloody on the golf course this morning? The point is that your concern for voter ignorance evaporates when the voters choose something of your liking. If you're gonna trot out "democratic processes" as a justification for doing X (when you just happen to love X), you can't run off and hide behind "voter ignorance" when the voters give you Y (and you don't like Y).

old_tony, Mr. Sunshine and YankeeFan like this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hillary's approach to Brexit so far.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hmm. I liked to tell people, particularly when I was in college, that there is a LOT of the world's population that do NOT know calculus, yet they are a lot happier than we are, happily fucking and happily breeding.

That reminds me - the movie Idiocracy was recently recommended to me. Anyone here seen it?

Draft saved Draft deleted