1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't agree with you at all. I believe educated voters make better decisions and fully respect that educated people often disagree on what the better decision might be. However, I think it's overwhelming clear with respect to "Brexit" that ignorance was a determining factor and I think that's a shame.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

An American newspaper is looking at how a foreign news story affects America? Ermahgerd! Media bias!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Who's "we?"

The white power structure again?

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It's been years since I've seen it, but I enjoyed it.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Obviously England like the US has a large "low information" population.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You guys could use a good dose of Bryan Caplan vis-a-vis these "informed" voters ...

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I'll eat the dirt out of my vacuum if Democratic voters are more informed than Republican voters, or vice-versa

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Their education must have really improved over the last generation, as old people voted to leave, and young people voted to stay.

What's their secret, and can we replicate it?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The old people are voting to keep their country white. I can see why Trump supporters see no issue here.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone here believes that. I thought Dr. Q might have been trying to suggest that I was of that of that opinion, but he would have been wrong.

I think often conservatives have a bit of a complex about this, though, hence the demonization of "elites."

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I've read mentions of certain areas of the UK getting money from the EU. Is the UK a net beneficiary or contributor to the EU?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Depends on the region. The regions who voted to leave actually benefit from the EU and good luck getting the government to make up those payments.

Draft saved Draft deleted