1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Brexit was about bringing back imperial measurements.

RickStain and doctorquant like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Seriously, what's the fear?

The UK will be fine.

Elites are most upset because they think the whole EU might fall apart, not because they're worried about the UK.

Well, that, and their worried about a wave of economic populism and nationalism sweeping Trump into the presidency.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Spare me the lefty righty bullshit. You are talking out your ass on this. You seem to have no idea what exactly is going on in the UK and their fear of the big bad immigrant.

4. YankeeFan

Yeah, you're much closer to the situation.

5. YankeeFan

And, of course immigration was an issue.

But, of course, it's not racist to want sensible immigration programs.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

England makes Old Tony and Trump seem non racist.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You give them immigrants a centimeter and they'll take a furlong ...

Big Circus, justgladtobehere and JC like this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I suppose. But it seem lost on too many people that the aggregate economic benefit of belonging to the EU is far greater than the net cash in-out difference.

9. JohnHammond

I'm sure the rugby league fans in the north think plenty of good industrial jobs will sprout up in the next few years as a result of Brexit. Instead, I think they should hope they can become coders by attending a two-week course.

10. YankeeFan

Based on what? What's the hard evidence for this claim?

11. YankeeFan

I don't think manufacturing jobs are coming back to the north of England, or to Detroit, and folks should be leery of politicians who promise as much.

But, I can also understand wanting to vote against the politicians whose policies hastened the demise of these jobs, all while promising the former holders of these jobs a brighter future.

A brighter future has come -- to London and New York and Washington D.C.

Meanwhile the residents left behind are offered welfare or "job training" for jobs that will never materialize.

Workers are going to fight against globalism and giant, job sucking trade deals, unless they think there's something in it for them.

They're sick of seeing elites prosper at their expense, and are happy to burn the whole thing down, in order to exact retribution, as they feel they have nothing to lose, especially as compared to the 1%

12. JohnHammond

Hard evidence does not exist for both sides of the argument.

Draft saved Draft deleted