1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't know. The early returns don't look great. Do you think Brexit is a good thing?

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Was that too harsh? Do you think that the majority of leave voters thought things through? Maybe I am wrong. Or am I getting ahead of myself on the economy?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't have a clue as to Brexit's ultimate effect, but "send global economy into a tailspin" has to be trading at a helluva discount.

And this idea it was "obviously" dumb. Come on ...

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As many as Team Trump can concoct/ instigate/ try to piggyback upon.

The whole GOP has been selling the narrative for eight years now that we live in a hellish hellhole of godforsaken misery thanks to Mooslim Neegro and his sidekick Lezbian Granny, so with those Obungo approval ratings continuing to rise, their only hope is to pull for --or create -- a cement shattering national disaster they can hang around their necks.

The Nazi rally attack today is an obvious false flag media distraction event.

They'll pull one or two of these things every week between now and November. The big one of course will be the "24" -style false flag assassination attempt on Don, with the great man whisked off to a secret private hospital for a couple weeks to "linger on the brink" before his miraculous dramatic return.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Everything is a distraction from something else.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Meant to ask this here...

What's the last event that actually turned out to be a false flag?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Mango Te'o's girlfriend dying.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why is this result stupid?

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What early returns? I mean besides obviously in-the-tank media screaming doom and gloom in order to gin up a revote?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

At least 70 percent of voters in any election don't think things through. Ignorance does not discriminate based on race, sex, creed, and religious preference. But, yeah democracy!

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Been out of the loop for a couple days. Has England been annexed by Belgium yet?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert, but I'll play one on a message board.
    Is it possibly the "stupid idea" was the concept of an integrated global economy, and it's not a bad idea for some of the stronger countries to uncouple from that?
    In the past few years we've had relatively small nations like Greece and Spain threaten to take down the entire world economy because of their ties to the EU. We've seen the U.S. economy suffer ill effects from NAFTA, and more or less become shackled to China. Integrating economies certainly has its benefits, but it's also got a downside.
    Most of this has happened in the last 30 years and is not some longstanding historical system. It's possible that this was an experiment that is failing or is about to fail, and whatever twists and turns the markets have over the coming weeks and months are nothing more than people reacting to uncertainty. Once the real effects become clearer, things will settle down and sort themselves out.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.