1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Huh. What's his background?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It is interesting that Trump this weekend walked back his pledge to mass deport illegal immigrants. Considering Hillary's deep unpopularity with Democrats, I have to imagine that this move to the center will all but secure his election.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yah yah yah yah. Vigorous jacking-off gesture.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dems/libs here seem to thrill in telling me that we have a terrible candidate, and are going to lose.

My response is that you have a terrible candidate, and are going to win.

And, with Hillary, we know what we're getting. It will be the least open, least transparent administration ever. Folks like Sid Blumenthal will have her ear. Donors will be rewarded. She'll break rules, and play dumb about it, attacking those who point out the rule breaking. Bill's speaking rate will soar. Wall St. and neocons will love her. Liberals will mostly be disappointed, except with her SCOTUS picks.

If that's what you want, good for you.

5. Dick Whitman

Look, I am in agreement with you on this. She's terrible. He's going to win. This move to the center on immigration is pretty savvy, considering how deeply unpopular Hillary is among Democrats, particularly Bernie Sanders voters.

6. Dick Whitman

This point is well-taken. Trump seems like a much better option for liberal Democrats.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying you have the worst, most ill-suited and ignorant major-party candidate in American history, and he and his supporters are a global embarrassment.

And your party has embraced all of it.

8. Dick Whitman

OK, now do Trump.

Double Down and doctorquant like this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Any attempt to equivocate the terribleness of the two reflects incredibly poorly on the person making the comparison, nothing more.

cranberry and LongTimeListener like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, she's terrible. Still beats the alternative.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Free trade agreements and the integrated economies of the EU are two vastly different things. Greece and Spain are problems because there is a single monetary policy for the EU yet each country maintains its own fiscal policy. In regards to NAFTA, while there are some common standards the countries must observe, they aren't as wide reaching as the EU regulations that people complain of.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dems/libs around here wouldn't be so upfront about Herself's shortcomings if she were facing off against a different kind of candidate (e.g., a Marco Rubio or a Mitt Romney or a Paul Ryan).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.