1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"John (Edwards) doesn't have a record in the Senate. John's only passed four bills. They're all about post offices. I mean, literally. Most freshman senators don't get much done. Don't get much passed. Barack Obama hasn't passed any. There's not a major bill I know of with Hillary's name on it."

-- Joe Biden

But, hey, if this is some record of accomplishment, then you've set the bar low:

None

He put his name on some stuff. It was calculated, but none of it was important. He wasn't a leader. He didn't accomplish anything.

Funnier than that though is that even PolitiFact had to agree with Biden regarding Hillary:

"There's not a major bill I know with Hillary's name on it."

Clinton has effectively used her senatorial power to influence a handful of issues and to focus on local politics. Biden is correct when he says her name is not on a major bill, but as Biden knows better than most, that's not a fair measure of a legislator's accomplishments. We rule his statement Mostly True.

None

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'm a life-long Democrat who voted for Obama both times he was up for President. I voted for Hillary Clinton in the primary this year. Now, I wasn't happy about that, at all. In the end, I just couldn't get myself to vote for Trump, though.

But, you know what? I kind of agree with all of this that YF has posted.

I still don't know, however, if I'd ever be able to get myself to vote for Trump, and I'd bet anything that I'm hardly the only one in this exact place with regard to this election. If Trump somehow were to win the election, I think a lot of people won't feel as good, but neither will they feel as bad or upset, as they say/think they will.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get my head around this.

old_tony and JC like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Oh, no. I'll be fairly terrified. But not because he's going to build a wall or stop Muslims from coming into the United States.

It's because he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That's because you think you know me, but you really don't.

6. Dick Whitman

If some person posted crazy-as-a-junebug nonsense about Occupy Wall Street and 9/11 truthism, I would be equally surprised if that person then stated she (or he) was a reliable Republican voter.

You're a raging racist. Probably the most racist person on the board. And a Duggar apologist.

You're kind of crazy doesn't typically vote Democrat.

LongTimeListener and JC like this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

All Trump has is "bluster." His entire campaign is based on being an unrepentant asshole.

His agenda will be whatever makes his "brand" more valuable.

The backyard barbecue analogy I made before holds up: Hillary would plaster on a fake smile for a few hours and then shit-talk everyone in private after she leaves. Trump is the guy everyone is forced to apologize for after he gets belligerently shitfaced.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump's been an unrepentant asshole because his numbers went up each time he acted that way, and because he sucked up all the news coverage. He's an entertainer, playing an exaggerated version of himself.

He's not ideological. He'd be fine.

Plus, liberals would be so upset. That's got to count for something.

old_tony likes this.
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

you forgot homophobe as well

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or maybe he's just actually being himself. It's not like his arrogant "I'm smarter than everybody" asshole act isn't well known to people in NYC.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nope. She's not terrible at all. HRC is an excellent, well-qualified and extremely well-versed candidate as well as a pragmatic centrist with a demonstrated ability to forge good relationships on both sides of the aisle. People can scream about Whitewater, Vince Foster, Benghazi! and e-mails all they want, but that's just buying into right-wing scandal manufacturing.

She is also going to win the election by a large margin, so people need to start getting used to the idea.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's really what I was waiting for.

Let's be honest: Liberals aren't exactly known for their thick skin. How about, if you want to annoy them, you choose any of the billion other ways to do it that don't involve making a proudly ignorant child the leader of the free world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.