1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's fun for a while, but people LOVE to see guys like that get their comeuppance in a big way. Especially if they're pampered rich silver spooners.

Kick A Billionaire In The Balls Today!

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Foreign policy was a mess under Clinton's State Department.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The Republic survived five and a half years of Richard Nixon. It'll survive four years of Trump. It'll just be a rough four years.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but this would upset them so much more.

I know it's probably not going to happen, but it would be so much fun.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Would Alec Baldwin move to Canada, again.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Then it's time we built a wall.

old_tony and HC like this.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Compared to what? The world is a mess in case you haven't noticed.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Do we need a voracious cheerleader and salesperson, or do we need someone competent at governing? I'd much prefer someone who knows something - anything - about the issues that face us and is capable of developing a coherent agenda to address those issues than a cheerleader. I've spent far too long arguing cheerleading isn't a sport to be faced with the prospect of arguing cheerleading isn't a qualification for President of the United States. :D

Look, if people want to vote for Trump as some sort of protest against the establishment, I get that. I disagree with it, but I understand it. But there's no reasonable way to vote for Trump on the idea that he will be more competent at the job of governing our nation than Clinton.

She has been a First Lady, giving her greater insight into the demands of the U.S. Presidency than probably any other candidate in history. She has been a U.S. Senator, giving her insight into how to push through legislation and allowing her to build relationships within the political structure of Washington (I understand some will argue this as a negative). She's been Secretary of State, giving her insight and experience in foreign relations. She has all the experience that can possibly prepare someone to become President.

There is no credible way to argue that Trump has a better resume for the job of President of the United States than does Hillary.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If Hillary wins, does Bill have a pet project as the 1st first man (if that's what he'd be called)?

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Strengthening sexual harassment laws!

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This is some dope privilege here.

Ok, so maybe some brown folks *I* don't know will be stripped of their rights (BUT NOT THEIR GUNS!) and a lot of racists will feel empowered and see his election as free pass to terrorize minorities, but hey, all bluster and unpredictability will be so entertaining.

Politics is one big TV show full twists and turns and yuks! — as long as you've never been denied a job, or a loan, or the right to vote, or the right to marry the person you want.

Let's focus on the fun.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I couldn't imagine people basing their views on rights by whether those rights would affect (impact) them. How selfish would you have to be to look at an issue that way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.