1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's British political. I don't care.

But the pundits are embarrassing themselves, much like the, "this is the last straw for Trump," reactions they had repeatedly.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

"No consequences at all. LOLz, all the commentators are overstating everything! It doesn't affect me, so I don't care!"

Go ahead and scroll through some of these, and enjoy your whole "DOESN'T MATTER!" position.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7 still > than 134

[​IMG]

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Are you saying YF is responsible for everything said by anyone supporting Brexit?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Heck yeah! Have that UN vote and I will be the first in line to dropkick them rapin' mofos to the curb.

old_tony likes this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And the disaster has already started. If they had voted to stay in, no way would England have lost to Iceland in the UEFA European Championship.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Of course the media is overblowing it. That's what the media does. Regardless, this isn't about the Brexit spelling certain doom. It's more about the fact that there is virtually no upside to the Brexit, so whatever uncertainty/risk does exist has been entirely self inflicted with little potential future benefit. And what little future benefit there is comes in the form of preventing foreigners from moving there, and of all the western EU nations, Britain should have the least amount of (rational) concerns regarding open borders. It's further away from the Middle East than any other country. And it's a fucking island. I haven't seen much coverage suggesting the Brexit will have a huge impact on America. But if you're an educated Brit in the prime of your career, it fucking blows from a quality of life standpoint, given the travel/cultural/occupational opportunities open borders offers you. It might not have a huge impact on non-Brits, but it's a fascinating story too watch on a number of different levels.

cranberry likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

From the how the mind misreads department. Fed chief Janet Yellen will not appear at some bigwig econ panel in Portugal tomorrow. Headline in the Guardian was "Yellen to skip Sintra (name of city) event." It took me a full 20 seconds to stop reading as "Yellen to skip Sinatra event." Very puzzling that was, although a more fun alternative universe to consider.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted