1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He has a 3-year-old's understanding of the world around him. He might not be stupid. I do think he's kind of stupid. But it's beside the point. He still displays a 3-year-old's understanding of the world.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Well thing is many think if they just had it all handed to them, they would be in the same or better financial standing than Trump. Not saying Trump didn't benefit greatly from his family, just that there are quite a few that think they are smarter and just needed more of a head start.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He is a terrible businessman as well. Good carnival barker, can't run a company for shit.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Didn't he say he was going to solve the national debt by just not paying any of our creditors back?

And didn't he say he was going to make Mexico build the wall 10 feet higher because they had the temerity to oppose his plan?

I'm sure I'm missing some sophisticated, non-kindergarten nuance here somewhere.

HanSenSE and TigerVols like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Republican policy can be summed up as "it's every man for himself."

Which sounds great, until you realize that one segment of the population had a 200-year head start in the race.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Also, Hillary is gross when she goes pee-pee.

doctorquant likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The nuance is that he doesn't really mean any of it. YF explained it earlier.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Incorrect.

He would not use the word 'temerity.'

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What grade level does the average newspaper written at? 8th, 9th grade?

I don't think Trump has a deep understanding of the issues, but I do think he is communicating with people at a level that gets across to them.

He's not a dumb guy.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He really was $1 billion (or maybe $900 million) in the red. He did talk his bankers into sticking with him, putting up personal guaranties, and borrowing money from family. (And getting put on a monthly allowance by his bankers.)

He did pay it back, and hold onto enough properties that when the market turned around, he was well into the black again.

Now, people want to rip him for saying he doesn't own or build anything anymore; that he just licenses his name.

Why is that bad? He still does own and develop some properties, but he's also built a valuable enough brand that people pay him simply to license it. That's not very different than Calvin Klein or Martha Stewart.

If you want to criticize him, it might be that he's to willing to license it to anyone, and so you get failures like Trump Steaks. But, I'd guess Trump made money off of Trump Steaks.

He's not the biggest, or the wealthiest developer in NYC, but he's a fine business man.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...

Batman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.