1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I just hope he doesn't use cheap non-union labor and creates a lot of great middle-class jobs.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nah. It's a game Dems play. And, too many Republicans have bought into it.

3. YankeeFan

Did you demand this of Obama when he said he would shut down GITMO.

Give me a fucking break.

old_tony likes this.
  4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This is fascinating. There is literally no position of Trump's that you can defend without the "But what did Democrats do about X?"

True, I didn't ask for how candidate Obama would shut down Guantanamo because that seemed like a realistic endeavor and not some shit that would require the magic of elves and hobbits and $4 trillion in labor, plus all the steel left on earth.

Lugnuts, HanSenSE, dixiehack and 2 others like this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Come again?

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And, yet, Obama failed miserably at such an easy task.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He did fail! Does it make you feel better to hear me admit this?

He failed in part because when the Justice Department said they'd like to put suspected terrorists in US prisons it became a CHEAP TALKIKG POINT for Repubicans. ("How dare the president bring terrorists on our soil???!")

What was the solution? Shoot them all in the head? Find a new black ops site to torture them out of the public eye?

You guys loved working around the Constitution and waterboarding these dudes and never letting them have a trial or even face a charge. To act like you care at all whether Gitmo shut down is extremely disingenuous.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Don't ask, don't tell repealed
    Marriage equality
    Dow Jones way up
    Unemployment way down
    Affordable Care Act (without which I would have been bankrupted by multiple surgeries)
    Osama Bin Laden killed under his direction
    Al Qaeda decimated
    Ended government sanctioned torture
    Lily Ledbetter Act

If that's incompetence, yeah, I'll take it.

I acknowledge he hasn't been perfect. I'm unhappy the level of transparency of his administration, with the process by which we killed U.S. citizens turned terrorists via drone strikes, the effort to continue warrantless wiretapping, the inability to fully close Gitmo (though I understand the challenges faced in safely shutting it down), rise of ISIS and, I'm sure some other issues I'm forgetting at this moment.

But, by and large, history will remember this President quite kindly.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Promising to close GITMO was a promise that never should have been made. And promising to close it showed Obama had no clue about the people we have been up against these last 25 years (since the first WTC bombing, basically)..

10. YankeeFan

Yes. I do do that, because Dems want to pretend they're different.

You're not different. Your candidate is not any better than mine.

It is a game to try and pain the Republican nominee as unqualified, and too many Republicans fall into the trap.

And, yes, of course it was a fairytale that Obama would be able to shut down Gitmo.

Yes, it was a fairytale -- no, it was a straight out lie -- when Obama sold healthcare reform by promising that if you liked your doctor/plan you could keep him/it.

11. YankeeFan

No one was ever waterboarded at Gitmo.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yes, yes she is.

Yes, yes he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.