1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It can't possibly be a coincidence that all the ones wringing their hands here are the folks who think huge government is the answer to everything.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is the part driving me nuts. People are acting like Great Britain is either being yanked off the face of the Earth and moved to Jupiter, or that there is going to be a force field built in the middle of the English Channel.
    Unless the other European countries deny visas from the UK out of spite, Brits can still travel to and even live on the continent. Just like Americans and Mexicans and Canadians and Chinese and Japanese can travel and live and work there. And vice versa. The process is just different. The real difference, when it comes to travel and immigration, is simply in the process of how that happens.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You're really ill-informed if you think this is just a matter of inconvenience.

Start here, read this series of tweets about Northern Ireland, for example.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I mean the US doesn't deny visas out of spite. But it doesn't give out an infinite amount, either. Brits were guaranteed the ability to work anywhere in the EU before. They aren't now. And while some will get visas, some of them won't.
    And it seems highly likely, based on the tenor of the Leave campaign that the UK is going to restrict movement into the UK, so it makes sense that there'd be some sort of reciprocal restriction from the rest of the EU countries. I can't see them giving free movement to British citizens while having their citizens denied it by the Brits.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

How did Britain survive previously?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You also believe in a fiction novel written thousands of years ago.

Songbird likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Border areas always have their own issues with regards to travel. It doesn't mean borders are a bad thing. People in Brownsville, or Buffalo, or Detroit seem to be able to find a way to deal with it.
    I have faith that people in Northern Ireland will figure it out too.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Good point, dwarf.

Similarly, it can't be a coincidence that the people that are ok with this are the same people scared of the scary mooslim

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Will it be tougher to move around? Sure. But not impossible.
    I'll ask a stupid question here, since my one international odyssey was a one-day trip to Mexico almost 20 years ago and I'm unfamiliar with all of the steps involved. When you travel abroad, as opposed to immigrating, what is the process? Is it show up, show a passport, clear customs, maybe fill out some forms and you're good to go? Or do you need to do more than that? And do you need to do anything ahead of time?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lol.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A United Ireland could/would be an EU member, and no border to worry about.

Win win.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I can't imagine how hard it has to be to get through the day being as miserable as you.

BTExpress likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted