1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe we should wait until after the election. Would make it harder to ban all Muslims from entering.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Besides, President Trump would negotiate much better terms for us. We could probably keep the Muslim ban and join the EU with President Trump heading the negotiations.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A Trump Tower in every country!

5. YankeeFan

That's already happening either way, and Donald isn't even putting up any of his own money!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He must already know that being president is just going to slow him down.

7. YankeeFan

Are you kidding! He's high energy, not like JEB!

Don't you see the way he's up and tweeting at dawn? What other candidate has that kind of energy?

Ace likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Every time I visit a big city, I'm shocked they don't have screens on their apartment or condo windows. Maybe it's the Southerner in me, but I couldn't open a window unless it had a screen on it due to mosquitoes, flies, bees, etc.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Any move toward a united Ireland at this point would probably touch off a civil war, or The Troubles II if you'd prefer.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

To piggyback on that: if Ireland were unified and remained in the EU, that would require border/passport controls for anyone traveling to what remains of the U.K. The British unionists in the north are pissed that the Union Jack isn't flown 365 days a year, imagine if they needed a passport to fly to Manchester?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At this point, yes. But the GB minister for Northern Ireland, a Leave champion, said there would be no way Northern Ireland or Scotland could retain any relationship with the EU. Since that membership is one of the mainstays (open border) of the peace process, the deck may be reshuffled. In Belfast on Friday, the post office ran out of its applications for Irish passports. That's folks voting with their feet. It is possible, not likely but possible, Northern Irelanders could see a united Ireland as a better means of peace than remaining British. The Republic of Ireland is a lot less dominated by the Church than it was even back in the late '90s.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Very true. I just don't think the society there is ready for it. Remain got 56% of the vote in NI. It's not like it was a rout. The biggest party in NI was on the side of Leave.

Draft saved Draft deleted