1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Certainly he can be inartful, at times. But I think that voters realize and appreciate that he's taking the bull by the horns on terrorism. People have grown wary of politicians who want to take a scalpel to every problem. If they elect Trump, he's going to use a sledgehammer. You want to commit terror on U.S. soil? No more immigration from that region to here then. It's a simple solution that people understand. Most importantly, it will work.

2. Dick Whitman

And, granted, I understand his solutions have consequences of their own. It seems positively un-American to bar innocent immigrants from entering based upon their religion. But these are troubled times. There's a problem. Trump's going to fix it. We'll deal with the minor-by-comparison collateral damage when we get to it.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Any more troubled than the 1960s? Or the 1940s when we interned Japanese Americans simply because they were Japanese?

Region? Do all terrorists come from one region or even continent?

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We've restricted immigration wholly in the past, and from Iraq specifically during the Obama administration.

It's not a nutty idea.

The State Department has travel advisories out warning against travel to various dangerous countries. Why would we let people from these same dangerous countries come here, if we can't better vet them?

5. Dick Whitman

We're not interning anyone.

6. CD Boogie

Not yet anyway

7. Dick Whitman

I don't think it's a nutty idea. I think it's an idea that has a lot of traction. People are scared. His misstep was saying we were going to stop Muslims from immigrating. We should stop bar Middle Easterners, should be the proposal, until they get their house in order.

8. CD Boogie

People are always scared of something. Deal with it, don't overreact. The Middle East has been a shit show for millennia. So we should just ban immigration from there until they "get their house in order? How about the people who are scared move to a place where they won't be scared? Canada, perhaps? Free emigration for the scared folks.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And that would work really well, assuming the terrorists are coming from somewhere else.

10. Dick Whitman

"Terrorists over citizens" reminds me of "Hos before bros."

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We didn't want to let Jews in just before WWII either. Too dangerous. Who knows what those sneaky folks might be up to?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

At least a few recent terrorists were citizens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.