1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So Trump says he's converting his loan to a donation, hasn't done it yet but the quibble is about whether there is an official form from the FEC or not?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I wonder why that is. You'd think the left would be hammering him with that.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

because Obama was born in Kenya, obviously

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Embarrassed by my government on this. I don't think we should be so partisan with another country"s leader.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They've got four months, the convention and several head to head debates. You can be sure they'll bring it up, but frankly there is so much ammunition with which to malign the Drumpf that it might take some time to get around to it.

6. old_tony

The easiest job in the world right now is being on the Clinton campaign's Opp Research team.

CD Boogie likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Are you implying that he is from Kenya?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Second easiest is being on the Trump campaign's opp research team.

9. old_tony

I'm asking the same question you asked. He should be hammered with that. But as someone else pointed out, Hillary has similar exposure from 2008.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pffffft, do you know how difficult it is to dig up any dirt on a Clinton!?! I mean, sure once the public gets to know her (or Bill, for that matter) they will turn away from her. But it might take years of oppo research to dig up anything remotely scandalous on her!

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No.

The press says there's "no evidence" he's converted the loans to a donation.

Well, there wouldn't be any evidence until the next FEC filling.

So, they're looking for something that doesn't exist yet.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So if Obama really was born in Kenya and we find out next year, will his presidency be vacated and we put an asterisk in the record book? Kind of like an NCAA penalty?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    BDC99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.