1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Reading comprehension? It was your link! .

Here's the AP story on the New York Times website that I, heaven forbid, googled. They refer to her as an Israeli in the headline, and in the story, they refer her as an Israeli-American once, an Israeli another time, and then quoted the guy as saying she had dual citizenship.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/06/30/world/middleeast/ap-ml-israel-palestinians.html?_r=0

So was the AP and the Times inaccurate with the headline?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Reminds me of an old baseball manager from a few decades ago where the saying was "He likes being manager but he doesn't like to manage."

3. Baron Scicluna

Wrong.

YF: "The Colts won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning."

Me: Actually, the Colts won two Super Bowls, one with Peyton Manning and one with Earl Morrall."

Me: I'll correct us both. The Colts won two Super Bowls, one with Peyton Manning, and one with Earl Morrall and Johnny Unitas."

4. Baron Scicluna

Please. Your own link said she was Israeli. Maybe you should find some more accurate links next time.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Baron, she was an American citizen. That's a fact. That's what I called her.

I chose the link/tweet that I did, because it included the mother's comment, which called him a martyr.

The article linked is not the definitive account of the murder. You could have just trusted that I was right, you could have simply been informed of a major story of the day, or you could have verified it using google.

You chose none of these options, and instead decided that I was wrong, and you had caught me in a GOTCHA! moment.

You were wrong. It's ok. We expect it of you, as we have low expectations for you. Don't make it worse. Admit your mistake, and move on.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Haha. The funniest part is you think you're making a salient point here.

The girl was an American citizen. It isn't up for debate.

Stoney and YankeeFan like this.
  7. YankeeFan

Maybe a car analogy will help Baron.

Me: Tennessee manufactured car crashes, kills two.

Baron: Wrong! It was a Nissan, they're a Japanese car company!

8. Baron Scicluna

Dual citizen. She lived in Israel. If she was just an American citizen, she would have required a passport to go to Israel. You make it sound like she was an American on vacation. She wasn't.

But I'm glad to see you admit that you don't search out the most accurate information; rather, you post half-truths to further your agenda. Do you do that in your coffee-repair business? I can see it now:

YF: "You have a leak in your pipes right here, which is causing your cappucino to come out cold."

Business owner: "Oh, OK, please fix it then."

A week later:

Business owner: "My machine still isn't working correctly. The cappuccino isn't coming out hot."

YF: "Well, you had a problem with your heater. But when I told you you had a leak in your pipes, it wasn't the definitive account of your machine's problems. You could have trusted that I was right, you could have simply been informed that you had a leak, or you could have verified your heating problem yourself using google. Now I'll come back out again and fix it. That'll be another $125."

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

Baron, you have no idea how espresso machines work.

No job I do costs $125 or less. ($170 is your get in the door price.)

She was an American citizen.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe if we didn't consider having nations fear us as a prerequisite to them respecting us . . .

Never mind. Boot. Ass. American. Way.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There are lots of reasons people are drawn to Trump - stupidity being the main one. Xenophobia being another. Isolationist nationalism being a third.

I guess the Marine barracks bombing meant nobody respected or feared us under Reagan too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.