1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's incorrect that she's an Israeli-American with dual citizenship?

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

"Dual citizen" was never the issue, you turnip head. Neither YF nor anyone else ever claimed that she was not a dual citizen. However, you did explicitly claim that she was NOT a US citizen, for example right here:
    Which makes you the only one that has asserted anything in this whole painful dumbjack that is indisputably wrong. Now will you please stop contesting it, just admit you made a mistake, and move on?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's correct.

It's also correct that she's an American citizen. That's what you said was incorrect.

4. LongTimeListener

Even OOP would admit defeat on this one.

5. Baron Scicluna

YF called her an American in the first post.

Which, as I've pointed out, is not accurate. If she was solely an American, she would have had to have a passport to go to Israel.

"Americans, Canadians and citizens of most western countries* need just a passport to come to Israel: no visa is required. Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date you enter the country."

Israel Frequently Asked Questions

For someone who is Jewish, Israel has the Law of Return, which gives almost automatic Israeli citizenship, which means people can have dual citizenship. There is a different procedure for that.

The Law of Return

Now, had YF posted "American-Israeli citizen murdered in the West Bank by a Palestinian ..." Then he would be accurate. And his post would have had an entirely different meaning.

6. LongTimeListener

LOL.

(Sorry YF.)

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Israeli citizenship lesson we were all awake for in college. You must have slept through it during technical school and needed to Google that.

8. Baron Scicluna

Don't you have some old family photos to post, Woody?

9. Baron Scicluna

Brilliant response. Why don't you stop proving OOP right and just address what I posted?

10. LongTimeListener

What's to address?

YF said she was an American citizen. She's an American citizen. It's as straightforward as can be.

I'm going to check out here. I liked "turnip head," that sums it up, but there's nothing more to be said.

Stoney likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

In your world:

You, with no other citizenship: An American citizen

Me, with no other citizenship: An American citizen

The girl who was killed who also had Israeli citizenship: An American citizen

Which one of these is not the same?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Don't you fuckers ever sleep?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.