1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm a liberal. I don't pretend to be holier than thou when it comes to family values. You, on the other hand, are more than welcome to find my posts to the contrary, Woodwork.

2. Baron Scicluna

You just really enjoy fetching YF's Chicken McNuggets.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

This will go over well with the fiscally conservative members of the GOP.

Donald Trump: Trade plan will mean higher prices for products

"We're better off paying a little bit more and having jobs," Trump said in Manchester at a town hall-style event. "It's a much better system, the way it used to be." This was the first time he's made such a statement, the Wall Street Journal noted.

5. Baron Scicluna

Guess I won't vote for her now!

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, back to the TelePrompTer bit. Fun!

7. Baron Scicluna

YF is just informing us of the important news of the day. LOL

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure I speak for everyone in noting our gratitude at having you share the news feed you and your fellow brainiacs follow ...

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  9. YankeeFan

There's no great shame in using a TelePromter.

Folks get mocked for it under certain circumstances:

1. It's believed they are just a talking head, reading a speech for the first time, that does not reflect their own words or views. (We've seen Trump get mocked for this.)

B. They seem dependent on a TelePrompter, unable to speak to any audience without one. (We've seen Obama mocked for this.)

3. They're not good at reading from a TelePrompter, committing gaffes and/or exposing their unfamiliarity with the subject they are discussing. (We saw this with Trump i.e. "2 Corinthians.")

By reading the word "sigh", instead of just sighing, Clinton revealed herself as inauthentic, and a poor reader of the TelePrompter. She was supposed to give what would look like a spontaneous sigh. Instead, we learn that she needs stage directions to appear authentic, and she blew it.

Plus, it's funny.

It's really unbelievable that some of you can find no humor in your own candidate. I'm happy to laugh when I read that Trump thinks one additional vote would have changed the outcome of a 5-3 Supreme Court ruling, or that he didn't know the convention was locked into Cleveland.

Not being able to laugh at Clinton and Obama is like something out of Soviet Russia.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Is it really unbelievable that a bunch of liberal simpletons are humor-deficient?

old_tony and Vombatus like this.
  11. YankeeFan

In his book, Fear No Evil, Natan Sharansky tells a story about how he would crack anti-Soviet jokes with his KGB interrogators, just to fuck with them.

One went something like this:

Politburo Member #1: Comrade, have you heard, the Soviet Space Agency is going to launch a mission to the sun.

Politburo Member #2: A mission to the sun! But, surely our Cosmonauts will burn up.

Politburo Member #1: Don't be stupid, they're going to go at night.

He talks about this here:

I remember how I loved to tell to my interrogators anti-Soviet jokes, because there were many anti-Soviet jokes, which, of course, were all underground, and telling them openly. And they're so funny that you are laughing. They would almost explode from desire to laugh, but they could not, they had to be angry. They had to show one another how loyal they were. And you're laughing, and so you say, "You see, you are saying to me that you are free and I am a prisoner. You can't even afford to laugh when you want to laugh! So you're the real prisoner." And all the time, it was giving you the opportunity to enjoy the absurdity of this KGB world, and of course it helped a lot to survive in that world.

Conversation with Natan Sharansky, p. 3 of 4

Dems who have no ability to laugh at themselves, or their candidates, remind me of these KGB agents. Are you afraid to show disloyalty to the party? What's the penalty for laughing?

Guy_Incognito and Songbird like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sploidy heads keep sploiding!

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.