1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Comey's report was pretty scathing from what I heard. Interested to see if there's any fallout.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because people trust him more on terrorism, and there was a terrorist attack. Also, people don't seem to like one candidate pulling ahead. Also, polling regression to the mean.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

More likely there's a bit of lag time between when the polling is done and when the results are released. It was not a good weekend for Trump, but you won't see it reflected in the polls until late this week or next week.

In fact, if Trump is smart, he'll haul off and name his veep before dinner to win the day back.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with Orlando. It's regression to the mean from her good week or two of polling after clinching the nomination. Clinton +4 or 5 is a much more sustainable number than the +8 the polling averages were threatening.

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am with Rick here. In the absence of events, polls revert to the natural partisan balance, which has slightly more Democratic than Republican voters. Next events we can predict are the conventions. They usually give each candidate a boost in turn and then there's some regression. Even McCain, doomed as he was by fundamentals, got a big post-convention bounce. If either candidate weren't to get one, that'd be a bad sign for him/her.

6. Dick Whitman

Wonder if Trump will surge ahead due to the scathing email report?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Once people learn more about Hillary Clinton - a relative unknown at this point - they will flock over to Trump.

Ace and Lugnuts like this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I know right? The media will start scrutinizing her, then it's over.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Polls show voters trust Trump more on terrorism.

But they trust her more to be commander in chief.

WTF I give up

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This is what a human looks like.

11. Dick Whitman

I guess if Germany ever gets a little big for its britches for the third time, people want her calling those shots.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Kevin Spacey has really put on weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.