1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

So when do they bring back A.J. Lee and Hornswoggle (since he was the anonymous Raw general manager) in the parade of former GMs?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A.J. ain't returning any time soon, unless her husband either gets his ass kicked in the octagon or they split up. horns wiggle, perhaps, although I can just see them having the computer and Cole reading off emails.

Been out most of the day, just turned on Raw.

Apparently they're having an Americans vs. foreigners match, with heels and faces intertwined. There was a great moment when the foreign heels and faces are bickering, then Owens, sitting by himself, jumps up, tells them all to shut up, says "stupid idiots," sees an incredulous Jericho silently mouth, "that's my line!" Followed by Owens screaming, "I don't care!"

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Really interesting the way Styles said no WWE superstar would help Cena.....emphasis on WWE....seemed to be Telegraphing either a return or an NXT callup.....

Then Enzo and Cass kind of join team Cena. It's a good spot for them and it's better than the damn Usos at least.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Well I guess the Vaudevillains' push is officially over.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

What's the guess about Brock's opponent for Summerslam? Seen some rumors it'll be a returning Orton. Hopefully, not something like Strowman.

Beyond that, I don't know anybody else they could link him to, without putting him in the championship discussion again.

6. Baron Scicluna

I having a rare chance to watch TNA, which I haven't been able to, or had the desire to, in years.

I don't know what's weirder, seeing Maria Kanellis as a heel after all those years of her sweet, dippy character in the E. Or this feud between Matt and Jeff Hardy, which just had a vignette of Matt as some sort of evil king character sending a bunch of video drones to Jeff's house, who he calls Brother Nero, where they were taking videos of Jeff until Jeff knocked some of them down by swinging his guitar, then chased after one of them on his motorbike until it flew away, ending with Matt on some souped-up lawn tractor mowing some sort of symbol in his lawn.

Now they have another vignette where Matt and his wife asks a Hispanic groundskeeper to take a bunch of gas and set a golf course on fire and calls it a battlefield. Or something.

I swear, I'm not smoking anything. Maybe the Hardys were when they're shooting these things. It seems like some sort of thing with Styx and Mr. Roboto.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  7. Baron Scicluna

OK, so I flip away, and then come back at the end to catch the last few minutes of Matt vs. Jeff. It was a real technical battle that harkened back to Jack Brisco vs. Dory Funk Jr.

Yeah, right.

Instead, they're fighting outdoors, Jeff shoots fireworks as Matt hides under a metal rowboat. They fight in a lake. Some guy in this really elaborate masked outfit comes out of the lake and attacks Matt. The old groundskeeper comes out with a stun gun and zaps the masked guy. Matt calls the ref over (yes, there's a ref for this), pins the masked guy. Then takes the mask off to reveal someone else (I don't know who). Match continues in a sand pit. Jeff chokes out Matt. Then climbs up some sort of huge cross to Swanton him. Only, the thing catches fire (seriously) and Jeff falls off. Matt drags him through the fire and pins him.

Remind me that the next time I choose to watch TNA, I need to drink heavily before doing so.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was Old Man Jenkins. You got so distracted with the rantings and ravings over on the political threads that you turned on an episode of Scooby-Doo.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

All the Hardy vs Hardy stuff is next level bananas

Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

And Jeff Hardy would have gotten away from it too if it hadn't been for that meddling groundskeeper.

Batman likes this.
  11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Sounds like one of the mini-movies Dusty Rhodes liked to produce for WCW .... if Dusty dropped some acid first.

Batman likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

That is a pretty fair summation of what was on.

It was some weird shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted