1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Utter bullshit.

Comey may not have come right out and said it, but we all know what he meant: HRC was grossly negligent in her handling of classified material.

Others have been prosecuted and punished for the same crime. Those stories are being told as we speak.

The only reason she's not getting indicted is because she's running for president and the Justice Department is horrified (rightfully so) at the prospect of doing anything that might give Trump the keys to the White House.

I'm pretty sure the reason why more Republicans aren't tripping over themselves to capitalize on this is the realization that the beneficiary of Clinton's demise would be someone many of us consider equally (if not more) reprehensible.

But minimizing the significance of what the FBI Director said yesterday is ridiculous.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Must be millions of voters like you who weren't sure they could vote for a unabashed bigot who continuously blows his divisive, racist dog whistle until they had strong, convincing evidence e-mails were mishandled by his opponent.

3. Hokie_pokie

Also, fuck both of the "major" party candidates.

Seriously. Fuck the entire process. If these two "people" are as good as we can find to run for the most important job in the world, I'm going to smoke a bowl with Gary Johnson and peace out.

Stoney likes this.
  4. Hokie_pokie

He's a scumbag bigot. She's a lying, corrupt (but unindicted) criminal.

And one of them most likely will be President of the United States.

How embarrassing.

Any chance we can get a do-over at both conventions?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I, umm ... well I ... that is ...

I can't believe this, but I'm with Hokie here.

6. Hokie_pokie

Serious question: Can you serve as Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. military without being able to qualify for a Top Secret security clearance?

Because I'm highly skeptical either Trump or Clinton could get one at this point.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm quite certain Clinton already has one.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It produces liberal elite terrorists who sit in their Ivory Towers - producing nothing - but getting rich off the work of Real Terrorists?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Uh, no.

If the Justice Department and/or FBI was that horrified at the idea of influencing the election process, they would have:

1) Dropped the whole thing completely about a year ago, or

2) Closed the case yesterday with the simple announcement that HRC was not going to be charged -- with no elaboration.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The upset of the campaign is that he didn't say Wharton.

Songbird likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The one case that bothers me is the Bryan Nishimura case, where the career military guy removed classified information and looked at it on his own laptop, I believe. He got two years probation and a $7,500 fine. I guess maybe it's a bit of old-time thinking that this would be considered a crime, i.e. the physical removal of classified information, whereas the removal of it to an unsecured email server would not be. There might be other distinctions that didn't really reveal themselves in my limited reading about the case.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Loved Trump saying that Saddam was a really bad guy, but he was tough on terrorists. He killed a lot of them.

So you're equating yourself to Saddam Hussein now, Donald? Can't wait to see the campaign posters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.