1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Couldn't help but think of:
    [​IMG]

franticscribe likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Those would be the Yalies.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He hates her so much:

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Meh ... he's one of the little people. They don't count.

5. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Solid point. I meant to type "if she had to apply for one," but managed not to.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yep, that's me.

Just curious. You all really got something different out of Comey's comments? You really don't think it was a methodical, clear indictment that she absolutely did wrong, with the potential for very serious, dangerous consequences -- not to her, but to the country -- lied blatantly and continually and can be trusted at all not to do something similar, or worse?

With impunity, apparently?

Come on, now. Don't be like Clinton and, uh, lie.

The horrible thing is, hokie_pokie (and I) are right. And I will probably still vote for Clinton. Pretty disgusting and shameful.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary sure did love herself some Max Blumenthal writings:

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You should vote for Trump. You and him clearly share a world view. This email scandal gives you the perfect rationalization to pull the trigger.

JC likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

As I posted on the dedicated email scandal thread, it got to the point where I did want her to be indicted. I've liked the Clintons and appreciated what they've done for the country, perhaps out of nostalgia as much as anything. (If the Clintons still matter, I'm still young.) But it's a never-ending cycle of drama, some of it self-wrought, some of it verging on a witch hunt. Not only do I not have much stomach for it any more, but it clearly interfered with her ability to do her job in this instance. I wish we could sub in Joe Biden and Paul Ryan or Mitt Romney into this race and get on with it.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The thing is, Trump just has a big mouth, and besides, he is an amateur at this political stuff.

Clinton is a real professional at it (which has been proved this week, beyond doubt, I'd think) and actually is likely to become the next president. Really, that, in light of this, doesn't upset anybody, or make them think twice?

Like I said, don't lie. This makes her much more (demonstrably) dangerous, ingenuous and not to be trusted than she ever was before. And maybe more so than Trump.

And yet, it won't matter.

old_tony likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Unlike a significant percentage of Americans, I am not of the mindset that lack of experience is a better qualification than experience.

The animosity toward the political class is over the top, misguided, and potentially self-destructive at this point.

bigpern23 and amraeder like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.