1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Nope. Not even close.

Don't like it? Don't nominate a tempermental 6-year-old for the highest office in the land next time.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Trump is a 6-year-old fascist?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm 100% positive it would have been revoked for any other person given what she's done. #AboveTheLaw

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Hillary is going to be the best thing that ever happened to the GOP.

old_tony likes this.
  7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think this is true.

She's going to be 73 by the end of her first term is she gets elected. 73!!!! That's nuts. And nothing makes The GOP hard like raging against her. It will be almost impossible for her to have a scandal free 4 years. So you're looking a one term, assuming the party doesn't nominate another bumbling racist. Which cannot be ruled out, of course. But I can't imagine a scenario where she wins a second term. I just can't.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes. Being President doesn't require a security clearance. The President essentially outranks the classification system. Outside of certain documents protected by privacy laws (like individual census surveys), the President has the right to look at anything and share it with anyone.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What scandal could possibly gain traction.

She'll withhold evidence, lie, and blame the right wing for making up allegations.

The media will support her. Dems on Capitol Hill will run interference for her.

Any accuser or investigator will be personally attacked.

Any investigation will be criticized for taking too long, and costing too much -- even though the failure to cooperate will be a big part of why the investigation takes so long, and costs so much.

Eventually, it will be learned that Clinton did lie, and did not cooperate, but by that time, it will be dismissed as old news, and not worthy of the long and expensive investigation.

10. old_tony

I'd never guess that experience at corruption and rigging the system would be a vote-getter.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm very unimpressed by the scandals the GOP has been able to manufacture for HRC so far, so I guess we'll see. That they need to resort to Benghazi! (nine times) and "Bill Clinton enabler!" and "Don't forget Whitewater" is pretty telling in itself.

12. old_tony

Nothing about any of those is something the GOP had to "manufacture."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.