1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

George W. Bush had a DUI, although whether Republicans knew that when they nominated him isn't clear.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, my gosh, that's right!!!

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Pretty sure several candidates have had protest arrests on their record.

Google tells me Pierce and Grant were both arrested while being President, one for running over a woman with his horse and the other for speeding on bus horse.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

@Starman, too far with the photo man.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6 ... electoral votes.

9. Inky_Wretch

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was curious, so I looked up the Pierce thing. According to this guy, he believes it was false.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/1740...bout-franklin-pierce-honor-his-203rd-birthday

One stunning Pierce story that is true is his son dying right in front of him and his wife in a train accident during his four-month lame duck period after the election and before he was inaugurated. All three of their kids died young.

http://carlanthonyonline.com/2015/0...-president-estranged-his-wife-killed-his-son/

11. Inky_Wretch

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not really a key part of the article, but does my reading comprehension suck or does the quote make no sense:
    Mr. Kushner obliquely acknowledged that the Star of David post was a mistake, but cited it as evidence of the refreshing originality of Mr. Trump’s campaign.

“If my father in law’s fast-moving team was careless in choosing an image to retweet, well part of the reason it’s so shocking is that it’s the actual candidate communicating with the American public rather than the armies of handlers who poll-test ordinary candidates’ every move,” he wrote.

So...people who aren't Trump (his team) screwed up by retweeting something they shouldn't have...and it's so shocking because it's Trump actually communicating to people. Those seem like contradictory thoughts.

Lugnuts and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.