1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

And I bet you've thrown caution to the wind while exploring the Inner Harbor!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

All over downtown, Chinatown, plus the usual tourist areas.

Never felt the slightest bit unsafe.

When I was in Boston, though, a local warned me and my family against going a certain area in South Boston.

All those scary Irish thugs!

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Go to Trenton and walk around the Oakland/Hoffman neighborhood.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The trick is to just act like you belong -- or are buying drugs.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One in the same most times.

Ace likes this.
  6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

You left out crab cakes and pit beef.

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Uh, I wasn't using the word the term "professional" in reference to Clinton's experience, or the term "amateur" in reference to Trump's lack of it in the political arena.

I meant that she is so good at it that she could actually have a smart, well-respected, highly placed guy like Comey come out and say what he did -- clearly honestly and straightforwardly trying not to hide anything for Clinton and clearly trying to make sure the rest of us knew, as much as possible, what was actually found in that investigation and what went on with her emails, and what could have gone on given the fact that she did it all while Secretary of State -- and yet could get him to also say that there was no reason to go after her with any charges.

No matter who you would vote for, it's really a mind-boggling determination that is a clear nod to exactly who and what she is, and Comey's statement was a tacit admission by him that he came to the conclusion he did under duress. This result is so disingenuous as to be almost Orwellian, and has little to do with Clinton's experience as a qualification for being President.

I also can't believe so many people here are more interested in stupid things that Trump says than they are this. As much as you might not like Trump, the fact is that anything we think regarding what he may do or problems he may cause if he became President is really just speculation at this point because he has no political record.

He really is an amateur -- read that as stupid and unaware in a cartoonish kind of way, not as inexperienced (although he is that, too) -- in the political arena (and how many times has that shown during this election cycle), and he probably won't become President, anyway.

Clinton, on the other hand, will. Her professionalism makes her actions all the more disingenuous, and less of a mistake than any dumb thing that Trump spouts because he either doesn't know, or doesn't know how to shut up about when he's looking a gift horse in the mouth. Inky_Wretch is right in that Trump is focusing too much on the wrong stuff right now, losing a golden opportunity presented by the fact that practically everybody in the country, whether they will admit it, or not, probably listened to Comey's statement, shook their head, and went, "Holy shit."

And then said it louder once he came to the conclusion that he did.

Batman and poindexter like this.
  8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't consider myself a conspiracy guy, but would anyone be shocked if it comes out that the Clinton campaign or the dnc chose the timing of this (not too early, not too late)?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

At least he has your vote.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

What makes you say that?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.