1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Me too.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Oh, please.

3. Lugnuts

Yeah I lived there for awhile and was just there a few months ago.

I can't say I've explored SE in depth, but I've walked everywhere.

Dupont Circle
    Adams Morgan
    Cleveland Park
    Downtown
    Capitol Hill Area
    Monuments/National Mall
    Riverfront
    Chinatown

When I was in college I used to walk from my place in Burleith all the way to the old WaPo building.
    Used to jog to the monuments.
    Walked to a job interview at the National Press Club.
    Went to one college there and took classes at another and walked between campuses. Too poor for a cab.

It's definitely a walking city, which are why those comments seem off the mark.

My brother lived in Baltimore for several years. Where he lived-- we were told not to walk two blocks South... But we were definitely in the thick of Baltimore walking around many times.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A clipboard and a confident wave will get you anywhere.

SFIND, Big Circus, lcjjdnh and 4 others like this.
  5. Lugnuts

Jiminy Cricket.

It's a national freaking soap opera. Everyday I read the headlines, and everyday there's something more outrageous.

You have to read this one. Please. I beg you.

Trump, seeking GOP unity, has tense meeting with Senate Republicans

Trump said at the meeting that he has yet to attack Flake hard but threatened to begin doing so. Flake stood up to Trump by urging him to stop attacking Mexicans. Trump predicted that Flake would lose his reelection, at which point Flake informed Trump that he was not on the ballot this year, the sources said.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think that the fact that the first woman president is getting there on her husbands coat tails (does anyone doubt this? Is this controversial or offensive?) is unfortunate. We were due to have one soon, it would have been nice to have unambiguous symbolism. As is, it still seems like the fastest way to the White House for girls is to marry the president, which simply underestimates where America is.

7. Lugnuts

Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) left the meeting worried about Trump’s grasp on the basics of the Constitution. At a lunch with reporters afterward, he recalled that the candidate did not seem to know what he was promising to defend.

“I wasn’t particularly impressed,” said Sanford. “It was the normal stream of consciousness that’s long on hyperbole and short on facts. At one point, somebody asked about Article I powers: What will you do to protect them? I think his response was, ‘I want to protect Article I, Article II, Article XII,’ going down the list. There is no Article XII.”

Ace likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that is more than a little true, and that it is part of why younger women have a bone to pick with her.

9. Lugnuts

“If you look at the trajectory of his unforced errors, he’s getting better,” said Rep. Bill Flores (R-Tex.). “I mean, he’s not where we want him to be, but he’s getting better.”

Don't bet on it being a V-shaped trajectory, Bill.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can we get a VORGOPC stat for Trump created?

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's a really insulting position to take.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Her husbands coattails are holding her back. The entire shriek brigade started as an attempt to bring him down (with a healthy dose of annoyance that a woman wasn't knowing her place) and she eventually morphed into their white whale. Without the 30 years of ridiculous mud-slinging in her direction, she'd be up 20 points instead of 5.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.