1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They are smoking a ton of pot.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hope their taillights are intact and they don't make any quick moves for their wallets.

SFIND likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm reminded of a mayoral candidate at one stop when I was a newsie who had no grasp whatsoever of the concept of a weak-mayor form of government. Day after election day (he was unexpected winner in a recall), he went to several key offices at City Hall and demanded the resignation of the department heads since he saw them as enemies. Would declare special meetings on a whim (until someone explained open meeting laws to him). Made enough of a bully pulpit of the job thr city manager quit after a couple of months. Finally quit after the term he inherited expired AND one of his pet projects was defeated at the ballot box.

I fear the same for Trump, or as I stated uptopic, he'll try to treat it like a part-time gig. It's a 24/7/365 job. You don't farm out parts of the job to flunkies so you can close a deal on a golf course in Malaysia.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In a bizarre way, this is one of the selling points of a Trump presidency for me.
    He has all of these things he's said he'll do, that anyone with a brain or a basic knowledge of government knows can't or shouldn't be done. The Democrats will obviously fight him. I think most of the Republicans (or enough of them) will fight him, too, or at least tamp down the dumbest ideas and keep him in check. There's about a 10 percent chance he does anything of consequence during his presidency.
    Hillary, on the other hand, is dangerous in that she has both a political and personal agenda and knows how to work the system. I fear she'll do a lot of damage to the country in an institutional sense. A Trump presidency is like hitting the reset, or at least the pause button, on that.
    It's a damn shame he's such a moron.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump, seeking GOP unity, has tense meeting with Senate Republicans

Highlights of Trump's meeting with Senate Republicans

- telling a Senator who is not on the ballot that he will lose reelection for criticizing Trump

- calling another Senator "a loser"

- promising to win Illinois

- promising to defend parts of the Constitution that do not exist

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No intent to make such mistakes.

Let's give him a reprimand and move on.

old_tony, RickStain and doctorquant like this.
  8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is getting to be how I feel. I'm ready to vote for someone besides Clinton. I have been for a while, actually, but especially now.

But I probably won't, because who could it be? This is the problem, for everyone.

I don't think it can be Trump -- not Donald Trump, anyway -- for exactly the reason you said: It's a shame he seems to be such a moron in some important ways. (I don't really think he's stupid; he just doesn't know how or when to shut up, and he doesn't know enough to realize that sometimes, it's best to just say nothing, and not let it always be about you. His problem really is his ego).

I don't know about Ivanka for VP, but at this point, who knows? I and a lot of other people might be liable to vote for her, or Eric Trump, for President, if they were the ones running for office. I'm willing to bet everyone would find them to be more palatable than their father.

Batman likes this.
  9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Probably wouldn't matter much.

Almost all of them are white

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ivanka's only qualification for elective office are her 40 inch tits. Anybody who even discusses the topic seriously should be fucking shot. Go grab your Kleenex box, jack off in your own bedroom, and leave the adults alone.

[​IMG]

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Things could move pretty fast now for both parties. If Trump could be forced out at the convention, and Clinton forced to withdraw because of political fallout, the entire race could change in a matter of weeks. Dems could come back strong with a Biden/Warren ticket, and the Repubs could at least pony up Romney or JEB! and aim for the middle. Everyone could run toward the middle at this point, for maximum appeal across both lines, and everyone could breathe easier with whomever wins.

Total pipe dream, but that's how the movie would track. Pray with me on this, America. :cool:

Lugnuts likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If aliens landed from Jupiter and turned their destructive death ray on a different city each day, it could change your homeowners insurance rates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.