1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I did like the ending to the battle royal, though. Not sure I've ever seen that before, so they get points for originality.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Just to spite us, the GMs will be Triple H and Linda McMahon.

3. nietsroob17

So, all the effort they're taking for this New Day/Wyatts feud, and they're not even putting the titles on the line? At least, it doesn't seem like they will be, judging by this tweet. Looks like, this'll be just like Wrestlemania with the League of Nations.

Going out on a limb, I think Xavier is going to be the one drinking the Wyatt Kool-Aid. That scene in the brawl where they dragged Xavier away, and then brought his lifeless body back, I think that was to brainwash him and leave him as a Wyatt mole. But then again, what do I know?

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Maybe if there are no belts involved the Wyatts can actually win for once

5. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

I was really hoping it'd be Paul Heyman.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What a limb you're going out on, considering all they've done the last few weeks to tease Xavier being brainwashed by Bray.

7. nietsroob17

It's going out on a limb expecting the WWE to actually follow through on something they've been teasing. Maybe they'll bring Harper back early so he can join New Day and gyrate with Big E.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Watching Nitro from Dec. 18, 1995 -- the night Madusa showed up and trashed the WWE women's title.

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Caught up to Raw.

The biggest vibe I got from the Wyatt/New Day backwoods brawl was Rob Zombie's Halloween II. But in PG era, guys can't use TV cables to choke but can swing pick axes at their opponents' faces?

Also, I'm just noticing that The (Bullet) Club's gear has a bullet hole motif. Surprised that no one's been triggered (pun intended) and tried to start a social media shit storm.

And General Manager, COO, or Commissioner, it's the same shit we've seen for the last 20 years.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Agreed but when it's good it's good. Mick Foley, William Regal......maybe Bishoff on some level.....

And when it's bad it's really bad. Worst of Steph/Trips, Lauranitis, etc.

Hopefully whoever they get is good.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Daniel Bryan will be Smackdown GM.

Ric Flair or Kurt Angle will be Raw GM.

12. nietsroob17

The New Day is (are?) at the ESPYs tonight. Don't know if they're presenting, but wouldn't it be something if they get jumped by the Wyatts? Or maybe Cena gets attacked by the Club.

Draft saved Draft deleted