1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I just hope Steve Harvey has learned from the past when it comes time to announce the winner.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

My daughter has already complained on Facebook that Pokémon Go is no longer cool because her mother is now playing it.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My wife has been calling me Grandpa because last night I asked her to explain Pokie Man to me. I don't normally pronounce it that way, just got tongue tied, but I certainly sounded very out of touch at that moment.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You just reminded me of when I was into superhero comics as a kid and my grandmother used to call the protagonists "Stupidman" and "Badman." Pretty sure she knew better and was just trying to get a rise out of me.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was too old and out of touch for Pokeman the first time around in the mid-90s. I'll be damned if I'm going to start giving a fuck about it now.

doctorquant and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is part of what I'm trying to understand.

For the adults playing, were they already fans? Is this nostalgic for them, or are they getting into this despite never being a fan of Pokemon previously?

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

upload_2016-7-13_15-35-8.png

.... and now, coming up on the next segment, Rush will explain how Obama is dividing our country!

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Marist/NBC/Wall Street Journal released polls of Ohio, Pa. and Iowa this afternoon. Tie in Ohio, Clinton with two-point lead in Iowa, nine in Pa. That's not the headline for me, however. Crosstabs reveal Trump polled at zero percent (!!!!) among African American respondents in Ohio and Pa. I've seen a lot of polls in a lot of elections, but I've never seen a zero before.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ever seen how the opposition polls in North Korea?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He really is playing this like a six-year-old, throwing another tantrum because somebody dared to criticize him.

If he had said that it as inappropriate for her to make those statements, he would have shown some maturity and he would have been right. Instead, he threw another fit like an overgrown child.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.