1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You do realize 29.2 percent chance of winning still isn't great, don't you?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No ... that NEVER occurred to me. :rolleyes:

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's scary for her is that it could have been even worse had Trump handled the email announcement better and been on-point instead of rambling about Saddam Hussein.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

I typically like my chances with a .292 hitter at the plate, no?

5. Inky_Wretch

Isn't every election close in July? I can't help but think the horserace style coverage plays a big role in that.

6. Inky_Wretch

Trump's up to 33.7 percent now! He's totally winning this!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If the Times poll and others are right, his projection will move further.

Part of "factoring out noise" means you're a little behind trends, as you wait for confirmation.

On the other hand, did anyone think Trump would have a 29% chance of beating Hillary?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This guy's hitting .292. 3 World Series titles too. Unfortunately, your wife doesn't want him near her womb.

buster.png

HanSenSE and Dick Whitman like this.
  9. Dick Whitman

But the thing is that in this case there is a very identifiable reason that the gap has closed - the email announcement that established her as untrustworthy and "careless" at best, potentially criminal at worst. Maybe it fades in time. But the Trump surge is tied to a very real turn of events for his opponent.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Comey gave Trump a month's worth of gold. All he has to do is drive home the point of "Crooked Hillary lied" over and over and over.

He's being stupid by not doing it.

11. Dick Whitman

If Christie is his running mate, that will allay a lot of my fears about having Trump in the White House. I might not agree with Christie on a lot of issues, but he's a competent guy with a good resume.

12. Inky_Wretch

Not as much as I like them with a .708 hitter in there.

Like I said, it's July. Trump might get a convention bounce (though with him, it might be a decline) too. I just remember four years ago folks trumpeting Romney leading in some polls and saying Obama was done. So it's difficult to take it seriously when it happens again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.