1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Damn. You got me.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's fair.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You follow him on Twitter? He refers to her as Crooked Hillary in every tweet about her. He's hammering it home.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

OMG, this post just made my day. Great work, dq.

I have a whole new way of thinking about my dick. This lesson will last me the rest of my lifetime.

5. Vombatus

Yes. Me. I know I am in a deep minority around here. I don't like either candidate, but a very smart friend on my softball team cautioned me over a year ago when Trump announced that his candidacy wasn't bullshit. So, I have been taking Trump seriously the whole time. Polls were indications. More importantly, the primary votes were indications.

If he does win, I hope he surrounds himself with a very competent Cabinet and staffers. I don't think it will be the Apocalypse.

Now, all that said, I decided to ask my very smart softball friend about his prediction last year. Why, exactly, did he caution a year ago to take Trump seriously?

The answer from my friend (over some softball and beer):

"Because I had lost all faith in humanity."

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ever hear the joke about Magnolia Disease?

Guy goes off to somewhere in Asia where he avails himself of the commercial sex trade. Comes back home and begins to notice some ... developments ... in the nether regions. He keeps hoping it will go away, but it doesn't, so he finally works up the courage to see his doctor. Doc says, hmmm, don't think I've ever seen this. The doc goes to his medical books, flips through and finds the right page, then says, yep, Magnolia Disease, and we've gotta schedule the surgery for the amputation right away.
    Our guy says "Amputation! Oh my God! I gotta get a second opinion, doc." Suit yourself, doc says.

So our guy searches around and finds an Asian doctor he thinks might know something about it. Goes in and this doc says, in thick accent, yep, Magnolia Disease.
    Our guy says, "Doc, my regular doctor says I have to have surgery to get it amputated."
    Asian doctor says, "Psh, American doctors, they all about money. You don't need surgery."
    Immensely relieved, our guy says, "I don't?"
    "No, no ... it fall off on its own in a week or two."

7. Vombatus

That reminds me, I wish we had a jokes thread.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree with that opinion.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And who stopped drinking Coke??

Cola actually has a pretty shocking effect on a man's junk

10. Vombatus

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Regarding the polling, one thing that seems clear is that Hillary's campaign took way too much in-the-bubble analysis of the emails. It bothered people, even people who didn't think it was a criminal offense, and they didn't seem to have any response to that.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.