1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't expect Cruz to give a full throated endorsement of Trump. He's basically giving the speech from the opposition.

The bigger move here is Trump allowing Cruz to speak.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Uh oh ... is there one?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Pence has been a disaster for Indiana. Amazing that he'd be seen as a viable VP pick.

I hear that some in the Indiana GOP are quietly thankful that he'll have to abandon his re-election bid, especially if they can convince Mitch Daniels to come back.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Did you read that article? My God ...

Let's start with what should be obvious to anyone with a clue: At most we are talking two friggin' people, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that this proposed whatever would involve only one PR person who's already on the payroll.

But then let's look at those later sentences. The threat to a free press posed by a publicly funded news agency can be inferred by looking at Xinhua and Pravda, which, of course, play(ed) in one-party totalitarian countries. Sheesh, how stupid do you have to be to write for The Atlantic?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

An old white guy from a state on the wrong side of the tipping point.

Never change, Trump.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So long as it isn't legally protected in ways the other press isn't, I don't get what is so wrong with a state-run agency. It is one step past a PR newsletter.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If Mitch could convince his wife to come back, surely the party can convince him to return.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hey, there were some positive aspects, too! In one respect Pravda was a generation ahead of its time:

That's 11 time zones for those scoring at home!

Printed media in the Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

People think less of the media than they do politicians. No one cares about this "story."

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It IS a PR newsletter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.