1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not the only one who's noticed.

Now she's declaring war!

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That word, "better" ... what the fuck does it mean (in this instance?)

3. YankeeFan

She's flailing:

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She'll blame radical Islam next, and you'll say she's only saying it because she thinks it will help her in the polls.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

None of them did by the time it became clear Trump would be the candidate. I know you don't like the concept that some of us are not blindly loyal to either political party, but that is the case.

6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Uh -- the Maccabees are not real (except in biblical times). They are Leon Uris's fictional composite version of the Irgun and the Stern Gang (aka Lehi) in his novel Exodus. You may also be surprised to learn that Paul Newman's character is not real either, and as far as I know, none of Israel's founders banged Eva-Marie Saint. In pimping an exaggerated, distorted narrative of Israel being born out of terrorism, you completely showed your ass there.

By the way, the Irgun sent advance notice of the King David Hotel bombing. The hotel manager opted not to order an evacuation. The bombing was about as wrong as wrong can be, but Timothy McVeigh didn't offer the same courtesy in Oklahoma City. And while I am by no means defending the actions of the Irgun or Lehi, the vast majority of other Irgun/Lehi attacks were either on British police/military targets or against Arabs in reprisal for Arab attacks on Jewish civilians. Their tactics were loathsome, but context matters a lot. You also lump Palmach (the military arm of Haganah -- the mainstream independence movement) in with Lehi and the Irgun. Palmach actually worked with the British for a while to try and destroy Lehi and the Irgun during the so-called "Saison" (hunting season), even capturing and handing some of their leaders over to the British. They didn't start attacking British (military) targets until after WW2 when the British were refusing to allow Holocaust survivors in.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ok. I shot from the hip and didn't dig into the research. I appreciate the correction.

I'd still love to see that one lobbed at trump.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Apologies if this was posted already. This thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up sometimes.
    Hillary says "joining a gang is like having a family," and says if only we had more positive, uplifting gangs things would be better.
    Stay gold, Pony Girl. Stay gold.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Roman Republic lasted for about 450 years before it transitioned to an empire. Things move faster these days.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

VP runner-up and still hero to the right Newt Gingrich says we should deport every Muslim who refuses to disavow Sharia law. Never says citizens would be exempt from the interrogations. Funny how conservatives claim to know and respect the Constitution when they essentially impose a religious litmus test for residency. So if we're going to toss out Muslims who believe in overthrowing the government, should we also evict self-proclaimed Christians in the "patriot" movement who want to overthrow the government? I suspect the alleged Christians would be OK in the Trump/Gingrich administration.

11. YankeeFan

Yeah, Newt was really making a last second pitch to be Trump's VP.

He aimed right for Donald's heart, and went after a soft spot of Pence's (at least as far as Trump is concerned).

12. YankeeFan

OK, so none of the 17 candidates were your cup of tea.

Was there some Republican governor or senator you were hoping would have ran that you were open to voting for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.