1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Does that even exist anymore?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No. The backfire effect is in full swing and he is polling as low as it is feasible for a major party candidate to poll. He is counting on low turnout and third parties to maybe somehow give his 35% a chance.

He is a literal fascist who rambles incoherently and admires Hitler's speeches. You can't get worse than that.

Double Down likes this.
  3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Taking the high road won't cut it.

Select Dems need to go full Starman on him.

4. RickStain

It is a fine line. It is very important to continue to paint him as unacceptable, because a lot of those people reporting they are voting third party will be looking for a real candidate come November. You don't want a late break for him.

But excessive negativity drives down turnout and that plays right into his hands.

I'm not too worried, Clinton's campaign staff is extremely competent.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Plus, his running mate is a fucking Neanderthal, who ate dinner at Chille's, when he was in New York City. Don't forget about that.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is anyone else just completely depressed and pessimistic about virtually everything they see these days? Between the shootings and the overseas terrorism and the racial rhetoric boiling over and this abomination of an election, it feels more than ever like everything's going to hell in a hand basket. And it feels like people have moved beyond arguing loudly with each other to becoming so isolated that they can't even recognize where the other side is coming from. I include myself in that, too. I literally do not get where this rage is coming from in so many people. That probably sounds smug and awful, but I don't mean it that way. Even if I feel like my views are correct, I'm not comfortable with having a blind spot so big that I can't logically explain what others are feeling.

7. RickStain

I don't have to get to Pence. Once you nominate a Nazi sympathizer, that is all that I have to say to paint the picture of how bad things have gotten in your party.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If he called Obama a N----er or Hillary a Call Us Next Tuesday in a public utterance, that would do it.

It wouldn't change the minds of any true believers on either side, but the 20% in the middle would finally see what THE PIG really is.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Have you read this? Neither Clinton, nor her staff, can come up with a plausible rationale for her campaign:

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Some friends and I were having an argument the other day -- worse now than, say, 1979-80? Interest rates at ridiculously high levels, Iran takeover/hostage crisis, plane hijackings galore, etc. (We're too young to remember 1968.)

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No, it wouldn't.

Don't underestimate the number of Americans who are waiting for someone to make it OK to use those words without shame again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.