1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't know that I've ever had a sip of Crown Royal (not much of a whiskey drinker), but I, like many, many golfers, have at least half a dozen of those bags at the ready.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

No one wrote about emails.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Apparently, Obama was a big fan of Patrick.

old_tony likes this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Just pointing out it was irrelevant, unlike the important business of Melania Trump's college days.

7. Dick Whitman

You guys are hilarious. In prime time, at the Republican National fucking Convention, Melania "Smoke Show" Trump plagiarized big fat linebacker bitch Moose-shelle Obama who is a big black gorilla and makes your kids eat brussel sprouts and hates America.

Fucking own it.

8. Dick Whitman

I never put you in the crowd that would vote for Trump if he shot someone on 5th Avenue or shouted "nigger" from the stage, but my faith is starting to waiver today.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Obama had Deval Patrick's permission to use that "just words" bit.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Does anyone recall, from days gone by, when the notion of the candidate's spouse speaking became a thing? In Herself's case, it's almost unavoidable, seeing as how her squeeze has a rather unusual background as candidate spouses go. But why in the hell should anybody give two shits about what Melania ... or Michelle, or Anne, or whoever ... thinks about whether or not hubby deserves our vote?

OK ... answering my own question. Eleanor Roosevelt spoke at FDR's second nominating convention, then we had to wait until 1972 to hear from Pat Nixon. Per this story, since then it's become more and more the norm for the spouse to address the convention.

Candidates’ Spouses Who Spoke at National Conventions

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is that "just words," too?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I was also a bit surprised she would speak, seeing how English isn't her first language and I don't think she's been doing any campaigning.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.