1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In hindsight, they should have just played a tape of Michelle Obama.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"Dignity" in this case would mean that Obama disqualified himself back in 2008. But you like different rules for different people. Hell, it's a requirement to be a lefty.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, there's a good chance I don't vote. I'm under no illusions about what kind of candidate Trump is. I just think Clinton is worse. And none of that makes the aggressive hypocrisy of the Left less annoying and transparent.

4. Dick Whitman

You're so dumb. I bet I can find 30 posts from you referencing Biden's plagiarism.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

According to CNN, Trump says nobody will be fired and the campaign won't address it any further.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Go for it. I'll even give you a break and cut the number down to three.

7. Mr. Sunshine

I used to love Brussels Sprouts when I was a kid.

8. Dick Whitman

He added, "I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream."

Webster and doctorquant like this.
  9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What's really apparent in this whole plagiarism thing is truly just how LAZY the Trumps are. Why hire a graphic designer when you can just steal shit off the Internet that might be from white supremacists? Why write your own speech full of banal platitudes when you can just steal someone else's (your mortal enemies, in fact)? We have an entire campaign propped up by white resentment, and when it gets caught stealing from a black woman it purports to hate, the defense here is "Well, the speech was nothing special anyway, and everyone does it." Where are all the macho stories this morning about how "real" Americans built everything they have, and didn't need anyone to prop them up? Why, on a day when a leading member of the party was crooning about the intellectual superiority of whites, did the pretty white lady need to steal from a scary black woman just to get through an introduction of her husband?

The defense of this is a defense by people who decided they'd rather cheat than study in middle school. That studying was for pussies. So who cares? Barack and Michele couldn't possibly have gotten into good schools by being smart, it had to be because they were black, because real work is hard and liberals don't work hard.

The campaign will just move along, furiously burning the drafts of other speeches the Trump sons ripped off, but tonight there will be another shit show that reveals what a clown show this operation is.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Haven't read the linked story. But...agreed that the current norm of spouses speaking at conventions is dumb. They're (mostly) not politicians. Why do we put it on them to give a big political speech. It seems cruel, and it seems like it doesn't seem like there's a benefit for the voting public. I don't get why this is a thing.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Too bad it's fake.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Not laziness. Just ignorance. They're not part of the political machine.

And if Hillary does manage to lose, she should slink into the background forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.