1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No excuses from me. I have been beating the drum here for a couple weeks that he's surging.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm not doing parody like Dick. I think Hillary will win -- potentially in a blowout.

Trump probably has a 25% chance of winning as folks like Nate Silver have said.

But, polls do show the race tightening. It's hard to deny that.

And, it's incredible that it's this close, given Trump himself, the amateurishness of his campaign, and the spending differential.

She really should be blowing him out already.

Lugnuts likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Why should she? She was damn near indicted less than two weeks ago.

5. YankeeFan

Fair enough. I'm happy to throwout the Rasmussen poll. I don't think there's any way Trump is +7. And, so we can adjust the RCP Average a little.

Either way, it's been tightening.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't think we should throw out leaning on "likely voters" altogether this cycle, but I don't know if it will be as solid an indicator this time. If there is bipartisan agreement on anything, it is that Trump will attract some number of people to the polls who don't fit the "likely voter" designation and that there are some number of longtime "likely" voters who will opt out of picking a president in the end. Which group is bigger, who knows?

7. Dick Whitman

Yes, I agree. I was the first to say that. I was roundly mocked, here and elsewhere. It started after Orlando. When people are scared, they gravitate to Trump.

8. YankeeFan

Because she's still running against Donald Trump, and his amateurish, underfunded campaign.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He forgot e House Speaker waving around the symbol of the host city's most hated football rival.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

The overreaction to this is only going to end up helping Trump.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

I don't understand what you're getting at when you say that she "should" be doing better. A lot of people don't like her. You know that. She has a pretty low ceiling because of that. He's also enormously famous, which certainly helps mitigate the funding deficit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.