1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yet, the typical Trump denail pattern. Someone explains what they really meant, then tries to change the message. Kinda like saying Saddam was an SOB, but he did go after terrorists. Again and again and again. Lather. Rinse. Repeatn

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I remain hopeful that those odds are mostly a factor of how far we are out, and that Clinton's vastly superior ground game provides an edge not seen in polls.

But I'll admit to being nervous. I had no idea I was living in a country where a fascist could net 40% support despite being fairly inept. I blame status quo bias.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When you look at the electoral map right now, this will be 2008 combined with 2000: Clinton is going to win 356-187 (if all the states break as predicted today. I don't think Arizona is going for Clinton and North Carolina might not) but she may not get a majority of the popular vote.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

there is basically zero chance she gets an outright majority. A plurality win is all that is on the table for anyone, even though I doubt the third parties will get as much support as their polling.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

Melania's speech, or are you talking about something more?

I'll agree that it was a dumb, amateurish, unforced error. But, you're kidding yourself if you think it's going to cause him to lose support.

And, since the coverage of the speech wiped out any other news, yesterday was a wash, at worst for Trump.

Big Circus likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Not only that, but since I posted, Silver has adjusted his prediction.

It's now up to 37.4% for Trump.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The speech helps people forget Steve King and Chachi.

Twirling Time likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think he's going to win, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.