1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was expecting the American people to unite against it, but that is my fault for believing in them.

JackReacher likes this.
  2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You would not be a good liberal if you believed in others.

old_tony and RickStain like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A lot of Americans are hateful, ignorant assholes, too. Now they have their king. And he's giving them exactly what they want.

RickStain and HanSenSE like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Here's one definition, as quoted by Slate: Harvard... defines (plagiarism) as "passing off a source's information, ideas, or words as your own by omitting to cite them—an act of lying, cheating, and stealing."

What's your definition that would define Obama's actions that day as anything other than plagiarism?

There's no question that the people in the audience that day believed those to be his own words and thoughts.

You're wrong, and it's embarrassing that you're arguing this.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

So are all speeches plagiarized, then?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oops. My bad. I'm so used to watching you hide behind your Twitter feed, that I did not look closely enough.

Also, no response to anything from Trump would surprise me at this point. I really do think he is laughing at the crap people buy from him.

That said, very careless mistake on my part.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    JackReacher likes this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

No hateful, ignorant people aligning with Democrats in this country. Just a bunch of peace-loving hippies who want what's best, man. You've become Starman Lite. A parody.

old_tony likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

Don't play with me Dick.

Go ahead, argue that what Obama did that day was not plagiarism. I'd like to hear this from you.

old_tony likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

10. RickStain

They didn't nominate one. The Republican Party and every single person who is even considering voting Trump is supporting a Nazi-admiring fascist for President of the United States. They've lost all ability to play the "but they do it too!" game.

11. RickStain

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If you make a bootleg copy of some studio's movie, and it gives you permission to sell it, are you committing copyright infringement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.